Thursday 14 July 2011

You're going to be a grandma (or great grandma!)

When Giovanna told me she was pregnant I was far more laid back than she expected. What can you do when your daughter announces she's with child, even when it's sooner than you expected? But maybe my reaction was a little too underplayed?

The other grandmas were not so unforthcoming in their reactions.

JW's mother, new to grandmotherhood like myself, apparently burst into tears. Ahh. Well, I'm guessing it was 'ahh', and not 'oh dear'! Yes, I'm certain it was.

My own mother-in-law, 'Great-Gran', was over the moon. She is a little shell-shocked at being the first great-grandmother in the group, as she keeps telling me, even though she wasn't the first grandmother. Other than that, she's enjoying all the updates.

My step mother-in-law got so excited when we told her, she spilled a whole glass of champagne over my husband. Sacrilege darling!

I wonder how my own mum would have felt. I'm sad she's not here to see. She would have been as thrilled as his other grandmas, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment